Click column header to sort
About the company:
John Bean Technologies Corporation (JBT) is a leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food processing and air transportation industries. They design, manufacture, test and service technologically sophisticated systems and products for their customers.
JBT is consistently ranked one of the top 10 suppliers of best-in-class food processing solutions in the world. From solution development to installation and service, JBT responds to the ever-changing conditions that affect the world’s largest food processors, suppliers and fast-food chains, as well as institutional and commercial restaurants. They have a local presence in over 75 countries.
About the role:
The Service Engineer will work closely with the local sales team and regional Aftermarket team with responsibility for service engineering of new and existing customers across all liquid food related machinery.
Regional Field Service Specialist (Asia Pacific) – Avure HPP
The Field Service Technician will be responsible for the customer site installation and commissioning of equipment, as well as training, retrofits, service and preventative maintenance. Projects will vary in length between a few days to 4-6 weeks. When not at customer locations, Service Engineers are responsible for platform testing, customer support, and in-house support of other departments. This position is often the lead role at a project site.
For each MRA, identify if it is an E - Essential function or N - Nonessential function of the job.
Major Responsibility Area #1: Mechanical Service
- Ability to perform all mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical work required to install or service High Pressure Processing (HPP) equipment.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot HPP equipment issues and correct.
- Ability to lead on-site project staff, consisting of customer maintenance crew and external contractors.
- Complete or assist in completing internal and external records and reports and submit them to the Service coordinator or supervisor in a timely manner.
- Assist other service technicians in installing, removing or making major mechanical changes on HPP equipment.
- Manage equipment service and inspections so that performance will be to JBT and customer standards and completed within a timely schedule.
Major Responsibility Area #2: Customer Relations
- Promote and maintain a positive business relationship with external customers to keep open productive relationships for the advancement of JBT’s service support.
- Work closely with internal customer (JBT departments and personnel) to assure good and productive communication from the customer site to JBT.
- Ability to train customer operations and maintenance staff on all aspects of HPP equipment operations and repair.
- Have knowledge of customers’ machinery and processes used in HPP.
- Maintain professional standards by observing all customer specific regulations and rules including safety and personal conduct items.
- As invited, attend customer’s meetings regarding operation and safety.
Major Responsibility Area #3: Other Position Requirements
- Willing to accept any other job tasks assigned by service management.
- Willing to work all shifts and weekends.
- Willing to travel, work out-of-town, overnight and weekends.
- Have a personal or JBT issued phone.
- Have own transportation.
- Project proper image of self and JBT.
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to communicate and transfer information to next shift and/or to supervisor.
Major Responsibility Area #4: Processes and Procedures
- Accept the necessity of standardized processes and procedures to effectively provide outstanding service to our customers and to counter the threat from our competitors.
- Be fully familiar with the processes and procedures contained in the HPP maintenance manuals.
Position Title: LFT / Avure Field Service Specialist
Core Values and Position Success Factors
Position Success Factors:
Good interpersonal skills
Communication to next shift or supervisor
Committed & Self-motivated
Mandatory: Recognized trade certification/Diploma or higher
Preferred: Mechanical, electrical, and computer training
Skills and Experience:
Mandatory: Mechanical and Electrical
Preferred: JBT product knowledge or equivalent experience
Individual will be required to travel or work out-of-town overnight and weekends.
Must have completed and passed all hands on service training with the support of the senior Field Service Technicians
Continually strive for greater knowledge of JBT machinery and processes by studying products and service manuals, and by working closely with higher classified technicians.
Acquire knowledge of mechanical devices, pneumatics, hydraulics and electricity, as appropriate.
Scope of Responsibilities/Accountability:
Maintain JBT equipment within the budget assigned by Management.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Physically capable to work 8 plus hours/day 7 days a week for extended periods.
- Physically capable of working around moving industrial machinery 50-100% of day
- Physically capable to work around exposure to machinery noise, chemicals, and fumes from associated products.
- Physically capable of lifting, pushing, pulling average maximum weight of 50 lbs. 1-33% of day.
- Physically capable of sitting, standing, walking 34-100% of day.
- Physically capable of reaching, climbing 1-33% of day.
- Physically capable of squatting 34-66% of day.
- Physically capable to work in moderate to extreme heat or cold 100% of the day.
- Physical capable of using hand tools 50-100% of day.
- Physically capable of lifting up to 50lbs.
- Over 50lbs. requires mechanical or physical assistance.
- Physically capable to handle various levels of stress (moderate to heavy) to complete work due to time constraints and with demanding customers.
- Avure Technologies manufactures High Pressure Processing (HPP) equipment that helps producers increase food safety and extend shelf life, while providing consumers with nutritious, natural food. One of the fastest and most reliable systems, Avure equipment is used to treat the majority of all HPP-protected food around the world. Food manufacturers of all sizes, including the world’s largest poultry producer, rely on Avure's HPP technology to serve up healthy, delicious and safe products, doubling and tripling shelf life without chemicals, additives or heat. In fact, you’ll find foods processed by Avure HPP systems in every corner of the world. It's an exciting time at Avure. We may be the global leader in HPP, but we believe our greatest accomplishments and innovations lie ahead. That's why we're always searching for passionate, analytical, entrepreneurial and top-notch talent to help us achieve our goal of advancing the field of HPP even further. EOE
This role is to improve the overall sales performance in Korea and some assigned area in the complete Liquid Foods portfolio, dealing with multinational firms as well as with local players : new equipment’s sales
LFT Care Sales Manager - Korea
Regional Customer Care Director
LFT Care Sales Manager - Korea
Roel V. Ginkel/Marshall Coleman
New Care Sales Position – LFT Korea
Customer Care Sales manager/Korea: to manage all aspect of Customer Care Sales activity in Korea or other assign market in NE Asia. The designate will be responsible for a yearly sales budget & building up an excellent relationship with our customers. He/She is also required to maintain excellent relationship with our JBT regional office (Bangkok) and respective manufacturing business unit (MBU). The designate will be responsible for Customer Care business for JBT – Liquid Foods Technology which covers a large equipment portfolio, such as, Aspetic process & Filling technology, Canning – Filler/Closures, HPP presses and etc. He/She should have a high degree or technical and commercial acumen and able to work in a high-pace environment.
§ Primary function:
§ Plan and execute Customer Care Sales development program with the Customer Care Director and conducting regular visits to LFT customers located in Korea. Including some NE Asia region when required.
§ Promote recurring spare parts sales, services, PRoCARE and machine upgrade and modifications.
§ Build close rapport and relationship with our LFT customers.
§ Validate and maintain our LFT installed base on a regular basis.
§ Prepare and arrange for customer visits with colleagues from respective MBU (Manufacturing Business Unit) and regional office.
§ Generate customer visit reports and disseminate then accordingly.
§ Work with our LFT Regional Sales Manager to expand our business and participating in co-visits.
§ Actively manage and follow up with customer spare parts order and large upgrade projects with respective MBU.
§ Work with our Sales & back-office in Bangkok to generate quotations and follow up on orders, shipment and delivery.
§ Responsibility for complete LFT business, such as, Canning, F&DS, Avure, FTNON and etc including newly acquired company and related products.
§ Responsible for the CC Sales target and ensuring customer satisfaction at all times.
§ Keen follow-up on technical issues, parts and services to ensure timely execution and delivery is necessary
§ Work with Equipment Sales to ensure smooth and excellent customer experience.
§ Ensure regular visits to all our customers in Korea or assigned territory.
- Work with JBT Bangkok on the submission of weekly near term orders reports.
- Submit all customer car visit report in a timely manner.
- Track and report recurring parts sales, services and order intake for machine upgrade and modifications
- Support the sale of used/re-conditioned machine.
- Work with local and foreign Field service engineers to ensure, service work is supported and carried out duly.
This role will have overall control of company’s financial reporting and controlling. You will ensure timely monthly activities, provide support in homogenizing financial processes, implement ERP and a robust system of internal controls including SOX compliance. Additionally, you will be accountable for all tax-related matters through coordination with Global tax team and ensure compliance through engagement with internal and external auditors.
- Improving the overall sales performance of the company in “country” in Protein Processing equipment, dealing with multinational firms as well as with local players
- Participate in developing a strategic & operational plan on 3 years, with quarterly forecast and action plan
- Build strong relationship with other departments such as Project Management, Applications, Finance, HR, Regional Aftermarket/Service
- Working closely with sales management in Asia to expand the product portfolio offered in “country”, and choosing specific applications as catalyst for the company growth
- Be Key Account Manager for large / major customers in “country”
- Visiting key customers at their HQ (Procurement Directors, Engineering, Industrial Directors, etc.) and at their plants
- Updating weekly, reporting monthly sales and pipeline
- Responsible for “country” sales forecast & budget in Protein Processing
- Build a strong and engaged sales function in “country”